Cycling - Foundation For Cycling (8 weeks)
Grant GoodmanAll plans by this Coach
This is the first and hardest step on your road to health and fitness (with some fun on the way!) through cycling by signing up for Foundation to Fitness.
What you get :
1. Email Consultations
2. Mid-Point Review
3. two x monthly training plans (1 change)
4. RPE based Sessions
5. TrainingPeaks (basic)
6. Extend to additional months
The aim of this first period of training is to build your stamina in a sustainable way starting off with just 2-3 rides each week. Over the next 2-3 months you will build this up to being able to ride 20 miles at 12 mph or more.
The aim here is to build the volume of work slowly over the weeks so you can ride 10 miles in one go. There is some higher intensity work to keep it interesting and improve your fitness but the main goal is to build your stamina. Try to include a rest day in between the sessions at least to start with and if you have to do consecutive days make it at the weekend so you can chill out a bit in between! As the rides get longer you will start to need to drink and even eat a little during the rides so we also practice taking a drink on the bike if you are comfortable with it to minimise stopping and starting that slows you down and takes the momentum out of your rides.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:58 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?