12 Weeks Winter Base Plan for Competitive Cyclists
Remko MeeusenAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week winter plan is designed for competitive cyclists and/or triathletes wanting to develop their aerobic cycling capacity, to prepare themselves for the upcoming season. The workouts within this plan are designed with increasing weekly Training Stress Score (TSS) totals were there's a good balance between the workouts and specific rest moments.
The plan is best suited for competitive cyclists and/or triathletes who have been training for a while, and want to train more structured.
The plan uses a combination of science based strength workouts (on/off the bike), cadence workouts, sprint workouts, combined with aerobic workouts (such as long slow distance rides).
This is a great plan for someone who is ready to make their season the best ever! It's a perfect way to build your fitness and sharpen your shape in the base period.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:37 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|2:37 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|0:17 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:23 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:37 hrs||5:00 hrs|
||2:37 hrs||1:30 hrs|
||0:17 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||0:23 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?