Your First Criterium Race 4 Weeks
Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Your First Criterium Race 4 Weeks is a 4 week plan designed for the Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 9:30-11 hours per week. You will need to be able to devote between 5:00-5:30 hours to training on your weekends.
A Criterium, or Crit, is a bike race held on a short closed circuit course, usually less than 5 km, where riders complete multiple laps. Riders typically race for a given length of time, and sometimes also complete a specified number of additional laps.
Prior to beginning this plan you should have 4-6 weeks of "base" training totaling at least 500 miles of riding to ensure you are ready to successfully complete this plan.
My Crit training plan will prepare you to ride in the pack, handle the speed and be ready for the corners and hard jumps out of them to get in position for the sprint to the finish!
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:54 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:54 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?