The Propello Complete Sportive Plus Plan is aimed at intermediate to advanced sportive riders who have experience training and who are looking to reach peak fitness for the sportive season. It includes 24 weeks of structured and progressive training, and a 2 week Taper before your first event. Average training time 8hrs per week.
The programme has been developed by ABCC Coach Rob Wakefield to build your fitness week on week in an easy to follow format that requires no ongoing coach support beyond initial set up.The training develops all the cycling abilities - aerobic endurance, speed skills, strength, muscular endurance, aerobic capacity, anaerobic capacity and power. The programme creates a steady improvement in fitness that will have you in excellent shape for the sportive and race season.
What do you get?
- Initial coach support to help you get going (30 minute consultation)
- Time efficient training programme that is structured, progressive and achievable.
- Two to four workouts per week that can be ridden indoors or outside and road rides with suggested drills.
- Suggested power targets and associated training zones.
- Threshold heart rate, power test and training zone calculator.
- All workouts are built in the new workout builder meaning they can be exported to 3rd party applications.
- Propello mailing list for blog articles, training advice, event strategy, nutrition articles and much more...
This test will provide heart rate and power data that we will use to estimate both your threshold heart rate and threshold power or FTP. This data will be used both to set your training zones but also as a performance benchmark.
After you finish your test look at your average power and/or heart rate for the 20 minute time trial and use use 95% of these values to set your Functional Threshold Power FTP and Threshold Heart rate. We advise you to use the Joe Friel for Cycling Heart rate zones and the Coggan power zones.
Medium intensity intervals with simulated hard gear hill climbs to build strength
WU: 20min Drills 55 min Z2 Endurance 15 min Z3 Tempo 55 min Z2 endurance 15 min Z3 Tempo CD:20min
60 mins Z1-2 on road 40 mins Z1-2 on Turbo
Endurance ride with power bursts. Dont go into recovery after the bursts aim to come back to the same level of effort
Endurance intervals with fast legs/cadence drills. For the fast leg drills aim for the indicated rpm in a fairly light gear but if you start to bounce on the saddle just back it off to a cadence that you can control. Over time you will be able to spin faster with improved control