Lots of variety, maximizes your time .
Great for road or mtb (ensure you do intensity in goal discipline as much as possible)
Any questions please let me know
(Last update Dec 24 2015 )
DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT A PERFORMANCE METRIC (IE. NEED MORE THEN JUST HR or JUST TIME
* if don't understand test/performance metric See this FAQ video http://youtu.be/lccnJuGlMiA or email
* CP3 done on Big Hill . Start on flat if not 3min (preride hill to guage)
* Cp20 can be flat on a block or out and back (minimize wind influence) OR a long 20+min climb
WU: Like a race. Be sweating and activated before the workout.
If you don't have a personal WU try 20-30min w. 3-4 x 45sec hard efforts with slightly higher cadence
- Complete a 3min TT holding the best Power output you can for 3min
- 10min very easy spinning
- 20min TT holding best power output for 20min
CD: Spin easy to finish time
POST: TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DAY AND INTERVALS AS BELOW:
Cp3 - 330w, 145/155bpm, 90rpm, 2km, 2km/hr
Cp20- 240w, 145/155bpm, 90rpm, 2k, 2km/hr
easy 1-2hrs endurance
=> THIS SHOULD BE UNDER 70%MHR, will feel very slow. A walk or light hike is suitable as well.
Day Off with frequent movement breaks for any sedentary time (ie. walk breaks at work)
- 6 x 5 min @ 90-95 RPM / 85-90% MHR
- 3min recoveries spinning easy (try and get below 120bpm)
* do not have to be at top of range, should feel like you want to stand up, breathing should be labored and talking difficult
*** you should have a TT 'gear' above this though
2-3hrs rpe under 7
ride duration on flat-rolling
* if second workout of the day leave 3+ hrs b/w your workouts for CNS recovery
Limit efforts to 8/10 (ie. not sprinting) and try to match this with a 80% HR limit
overall RPE of ride should be 6-7/10 and average HR around 70%mhr
- limit muscular fatigue due to pushing endurance / hills / hard efforts / low rpm
Walk as much as you can today stand to do calls , stand to think practice deep squat while texting - make better food choices -> left overs are key ... Protein powder and nut butter (coconut oil) are good to have on hand for those days you get behind . VEGGIES AND MEAT AND MOVEMENT !
Ideally on Uphill in goal discipline
- Complete the following interval durations at max sustainable effort for each
- 4 x 4 min / 5 min off between EASY
*aim 86-94%MHR in last half of interval
- Cover the most ground you can on each But do Not blow
- Should feel like you could keep racing after recovering in singletrack / peloton for a few minutes.