K2 - Sub-6 hour training plan
Emma O'Connor (nee Crum) - PhDAll plans by this Coach
This training plan was written by 2-time K2 champion and NZ representative Dr Emma O'Connor (Crum).
This 12-week plan is designed to prepare you to target a sub-6 hour ride at the K2 Cycle Classic. This is recommended for athletes starting in groups 1-3. During the 12 weeks, you will develop your endurance capacity and hill climbing ability and incorporate sessions which specifically target the faster and less steady pace that generally occurs in the faster groups during the race.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:16 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:16 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?