B 1.1 Level Event BASE period (HEART RATE)
Roy FoleyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
The 9 week plan starts out with some basic aerobic capacity building. The first 4-5 weeks sets a solid fitness foundation with the final 3-4 weeks building in tempo/threshold efforts. The plan will end with a capstone 3.5 hour aerobic extensive ride. In addition, the plan will build up to 1 hour of hard tempo and 2 hours of steady mid-range tempo.
At the conclusion of plan athletes will come away with the following:
1) Custom training zones
2) Aerobic extensive foundation work
3) Ability to ride at tempo for 120 minutes unbroken
4) Ability to ride hard tempo for 1 hour
5) Start of threshold extensive efforts
5) 3.5 hour endurance capstone ride.
6) Improve overall strength
What athletes will need:
1) Open to new ideas and training
2) Uploaded able cycling computer
3) Heart rate or power meter.
4) Computer in order to view Training Peaks and upload ride information
5) Training time 6-10 hours of ride time and 1 hour of strength per week
6) Strength training will require basic free weights or access to gym
1) Two 4 week training blocks set up to be completed using heart rate or power.
2) Start-up coaching call or email (15-20 minute phone call)
3) Mid-point review upon request. Send us a email request and we will review your training
4) Endurance Custom Strength training program included
5) Discounted additional coaching consults as needed along the way.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:32 hrs||3:25 hrs|
|0:48 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:32 hrs||3:25 hrs|
||0:48 hrs||0:45 hrs|