Sprint Training plan 8 weeks HR
BikestrongUKAll plans by this Coach
The plan starts with a 3 min aerobic test and is designed to build on your existing strength and endurance base, developing your ability to accelerate and sustain a high intensity effort. This pla is perfect for the rider who lacks a change of pace, would like to improve their sprint or would like to boost their vo2 max! Perfect for criterium racers and short road racers.
This sprint fitness is essential for competing at the sharp end of circuit and road races but this four week block will also be beneficial to track riders, sportive riders who feel they lack top end speed and any riders who want to be able to challenge during village sign sprints.
The plan also finish's with a test to measure improvements in aerobic fitness, the sprinting will talk for itself!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:01 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:01 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?