This 16 week training program is designed for the intermediate / experienced rider looking to incorporate a classical 16 week periodised program to be able to improve all aspects of their cycling performance. THis program consists of 4 x 3 week block of functional strength training, aerobic conditioning, threshold conditioning and peak power inprovements. The longest week in this program will be approximately 17 hours. The average time commitment will however be approximately 14 hours. This program is designed to cater to the needs of the working competitive riders wether it be male or female, with prior riding and training experience. A moderate to high fitness level is required at the start of the training program
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.