Coach Jeff WinklerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for any cyclist who wants to improve their sprinting. Sprinting is a complex activity that includes physiological, tactical and skill aspects. This plan can be inserted at any point in the season, however, it does include some gym work which can be detrimental to leg feel during the competitive season. This plan includes all the necessary work to build and maintain fitness including low-intensity aerobic workouts, high-intensity intervals and, of course, neuromuscular or sprint work.
The plan also includes links to YouTube videos with content related to sprinting. This will help keep you motivated and give some visual information to accompany this training plan.
Don't put too much weight on the estimated/target power values. These are auto-calculated by Training Peaks and in some case come out way too high.
Finally, body type and muscle composition are significant factors in sprinting performance. Not everyone can become a Cavendish or Kittel, however, we can all improve!
Best of luck and thanks for your business!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?