Revised program: 9 structured workouts to improve your cycling strength endurance - power based
Reinout Van SchuylenberghAll plans by this Coach
Strength endurance is in a lot of endurance athletes a key limiting factor in their aerobic and anaerobic performance. The sessions target to improve your fatigue resistance in cyclingevents, such as road cycling, track cycling, mountainbiking, triathlon and duathlon.
This program offers you 9 structured workouts to improve your strength endurance on the bike. The workouts are based on the newest scientific results in exercise physiology.
For best results: combine these workouts with recovery exercises, extensive endurance training and core stability training. Anaerobic threshold training is not advised in combination with the strength endurance training.
Do not embark upon an intensive training plan if injured or feeling unwell. If in doubt consult your doctor before you commence training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?