B 1.2 Level Masters Base Period (Heart Rate)
Roy FoleyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
The 10 week plan builds off of BASE 1.1. The focus is extending your resistance to fatigue, ramp up hard tempo efforts and introduce threshold type workouts. 5 weeks into the program you will perform new zone development testing. By the end of this program you will be able to ride tempo for 90 minutes, 30/35 minutes at hard tempo and your threshold should be improving.
At the conclusion of plan athletes will come away with the following:
1) Re-set of custom training zones
2) Aerobic Intensive and threshold improvement
3) Beginning of threshold intensity
4) Ability to ride at tempo for 90 minutes unbroken
5) Improvement of threshold
What athletes will need:
1) Open to new ideas and training
2) Uploaded able cycling computer
3) Heart rate or power meter.
4) Computer in order to view Training Peaks and upload ride information
5) Training time 4-8 hours of ride time and 1 hour of strength per week
6) Strength training is body weight and free weights
1) 10 week training blocks set up to be completed using feel, heart rate or power.
2) Start-up coaching call or email (15-20 minute phone call)
3) Mid-point review upon request. Send us a email request and we will review your training
4) Endurance Custom Strength training program included
5) Discounted additional coaching consults as needed along the way.
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:55 hrs||2:50 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:55 hrs||2:50 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor