12 Weeks Pro Winter Intensive Base Preperation
Remko MeeusenAll plans by this Coach
This 12 weeks winter Base plan is for cyclists and/or triathletes wanting to develop their aerobic cycling capacity and to prepare themselves for the upcoming season / intensive phase. The workouts within the plan are designed with increasing weekly Training Stress Score (TSS) totals were there's a good balance between the workouts and specific rest moments.
In contrast with the '12 weeks winter base plan for competitive cyclists', this plan adds more intensive work-outs towards the end, in order to boost your condition more.
The plan is best suited to cyclists and/or triathletes who have been training for a while, and want to train more structured.
The plan uses a higher intensity, lower volume, training methodes, combined with aerobic workouts (such as long slow distance rides), and is based on scientific backgrounds which are tested by multiple pro teams.
Note - This plan is designed for riders who want to add more intensity during the winter (base) period.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?