MSquared Coaching - 12 Week Improver Level Cycling (Indoor with a Powermeter)
Michael MastersAll plans by this Coach
The 12-week Improvers’ plan is suitable for a variety of cyclists with the common end goal of completing a sportive or 100 kilometre ride. It is also ideal for cyclists who ride regularly but haven’t followed a structured training plan before or who are returning to the sport after a bit of a lay-off. If you are currently fit and active, doing at least three 60-minute bouts of exercise a week, but not necessarily a cyclist, this is also the plan for you.
All the sessions are indoors and use a powermeter and incororate an Endurance ride, Skill ride and Strength/ Force ride to help you improve. The training weeks are typically broken down into three rides, two mid-week and one at the weekend. The volume of training is between 3-6.5 hours per week and can easily be adjusted to fit the plan around your life.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?