Coach Jeff WinklerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is 8 weeks long and is designed to end with your Conference Championships or National Championships (mid to late October). The training volume is 10-12 hours per week including both on and off-the-bike time.
Although Gravity riders could certainly do this plan, it is intended for riders competing in Endurance events (XC & STXC).
The plan is designed to start 8 weeks before your "A" race, but here is no reason you couldn't extend the plan by starting earlier. Probably the best strategy would be to do the first 3-4 weeks, take a recovery week, then complete the full 8 weeks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?