Threshold Endurance SportsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is geared at the mountain bike racer with 7-12 hours a week to train and wanting to sharpen your ability to handle the intensity of mountain bike racing across repeated hard efforts and improving lactate threshold. This plan assumes you've already established a good solid aerobic base. This plan builds upon the foundation you built during your base period by strengthening your anaerobic capacity so you can handle repeated difficult efforts, maintain the threshold work you've already done so you can have the endurance to be competitive late in the race, and continue in building some consistent top end strength so you can handle the off and on power demands of MTB racing. Much of the intervals are built into the weekdays to allow for flexibility to replace some of the endurance weekend rides with races if so desired.
This plan will work with either power or heart rate or both.
To get started, you'll want to make sure you complete the field test in the attached training guide (under plan details) to establish your training zones for this plan. Make sure you are well rested going into the field test and have had a few lighter rides leading into the field test.
Before starting this plan or any other plan, please consult with your doctor to ensure you are fit to complete a training plan with sustained cardiovascular workouts in warm to hot weather conditions.
For questions on this plan you can contact a TES Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.