24 Hour MTB Race Build Up - Expert
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed specifically for those looking to be competitive at a 24 hour off-road race. It assumes that you've spent ample time in a base period and have a solid aerobic foundation. You'll need to have ample experience riding off road, be comfortable riding in technical terrain, and have some experience completing long mountain bike races/rides.
Most weeks will consist of an off day on Monday, 5 days of riding, and 1 strength day, with the exception of the peak weeks leading up to the race. Those final weeks will not include strength sessions. All of the long rides are on the weekends, with shorter interval and tempo rides being performed during the week. It's necessary to have access to a heart rate monitor or power meter to take full advantage of this training plan.
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:55 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|5:52 hrs||6:00 hrs|
|0:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:55 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||5:52 hrs||6:00 hrs|
||0:22 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?