Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This 3 month training plan will incrementally build your fitness so you are at your peak fitness for the Leadville Trail 100 on August 13th, 2022. This training plan can be used with power and/or heart rate training.
This training plan is 6 days a week with off days on Monday. Workouts on Tues-Friday are shorter and can be done indoors or outdoors. Workouts on the weekends are longer and are preferably done outdoors. Each week is 10-15 hours total.
This plan specifically moves right into Race specific work for Leadville. You will be given race specific long rides every Saturday that work on combination of fitness, pacing, and nutrition strategy for your race day. In addition to that, during the week you will be working on a combination of longer tempo and threshold work. There will also be trail workouts integrated into the program to keep you in top notch shape for riding on your mountain bike.
Good luck at Leadville and congrats on having the opportunity to race in one of the most prestigious races in America!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?