Nate WilsonAll plans by this Coach
12 Week Plan to get ready for the Firecracker 50 MTB Race. Plan includes not just on the bike training but off the bike core and strength work, very important to keep you from breaking down in the long race.
The plan progresses from aerobic foundation, to threshold with over/under work, and then into more specific race intensity. That said, the plan will yield the best results for someone that has at least 4-6 weeks of base miles coming into it.
Field test in the second week to establish power and heart rate zones, both devices help but not a necessity!
Good luck, enjoy!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.