Firecracker 50 12 Week Plan MTB
Nate WilsonAll plans by this Coach
12 Week Plan to get ready for the Firecracker 50 MTB Race. Plan includes not just on the bike training but off the bike core and strength work, very important to keep you from breaking down in the long race.
The plan progresses from aerobic foundation, to threshold with over/under work, and then into more specific race intensity. That said, the plan will yield the best results for someone that has at least 4-6 weeks of base miles coming into it.
Field test in the second week to establish power and heart rate zones, both devices help but not a necessity!
Good luck, enjoy!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?