Mountain Bike Training Plan Strength Training Phase 2: six weeks: home training routine
Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This is a 6 week strength routine for mountain bikers. The program is 3 days a week and can be added separately or added in addition to any current mountain biking training program you are on.
To do this, start the strength training program on the first day you want to start this program.
This is phase 2 and should either be started after phase 1. However, if you have been lifting 2-3 times a week already and have experience lifting, then this is a good program to start off with. This training plan can all be done at home without gym access.
The goal of this program is to build core strength off the bike that will help prevent injury and make you more efficient and effective when on the mountain bike.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:44 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:44 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?