Cross Country MTB - Category 2 Plan
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for those that have experience racing XC mountain bike events, and have upgraded from Cat 3 to Cat 2, or are looking to do so. This 12 week plan is designed to help you gain the fitness necessary to be competitive within your category and help you develop the skills to progress in the sport.
Most weeks will consist of 5 days of riding, 1 strength day, and 1 off day. All of the long rides are on the weekends, with shorter interval and tempo rides being performed during the week. It's necessary to have access to a heart rate monitor or power meter to take full advantage of this training plan.
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?