Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This training program is a good plan to start after having a few weeks of training under your belt. This plan is a step up from the Base 1 Power Training Plan. This plan can be done after that plan or simply used if you feel you are ready for a bigger challenge.
This 6 week mountain bike training plan is for the intermediate level athlete that knows how to use power. You will measure your Functional Threshold Test(FTP) at the beginning of the program to see how you have been progressing and to set up your updated power levels/zones.
The workouts are 5 days per week with Monday and Friday as your off days.This plan will focus on longer rides every Sunday, mountain bike rides working on developing mountain bike fitness on Saturday's, and then shorter rides during the week that can be done indoors or outdoors.
The rides in the training plan will build your aerobic capacity with long weekend rides, while emphasizing tempo and threshold rides the remainder of the time.
This training plan will have you riding faster for the longer periods of time while also building your threshold to new and higher levels.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.