Whiskey 50 MTB Race 12 Week Plan
Nate WilsonAll plans by this Coach
This plan is to prep you for the Whiskey 50. The plan encompasses not just on the bike work, but equally as important off the bike work, to make the athlete strong and stable.
The plan works in 4 week blocks, of a 3 week build with the 4th week being a recovery week. The plan starts out laying down an aerobic foundation, then building into higher intensities. A big goal in this plan is to prep the athlete to be able to throw down some punchy efforts and then back that up with a long steady tempo effort. This mimics the Whiskey 50 pattern of single track, to long fire road climb (Skull Valley!!).
The plan will work best for the athlete who has been riding and has some base coming into it. It is designed with the working athlete in mind, keeping rides at 90min or less during the week, and getting the volume in on the weekend!
Both power and HR zones provided, power not necessary but will help the athlete get the most out of the efforts.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?