Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This training program is the best way to start your training for the year.
This 6 week mountain bike training plan is for the Expert or Pro level athlete that knows how to use power. This program is for a very experienced rider with lots of hours on the bike in the past. This is a very tough training program with the last week reaching 20 hours total volume. Main focus is on volume combined with muscular endurance and tempo work. If you need to be pushed to the next level and feel you are ready for the hours in this program, this program will be great for you.
You will establish baseline measures with a Functional Threshold Test(FTP) at the beginning of the program.
The workouts are 6 days per week with Monday as your off day. One of the main goals of this plan is to build your foundation, so there will be a long ride every Sunday focusing on building your aerobic capacity. The rides during the week can be performed indoors or outdoors, your choice.
The rides in the training plan will build your aerobic capacity with long weekend rides, muscular endurance with tempo efforts and big gear efforts, and developing the means to push harder in your next training block.
You will end this plan with the ability to ride longer, harder, and most importantly the training plan setup to move forward with a higher intensity training plan after this.
This training plan will set you up to continue to build your fitness higher and higher following it.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.