Cross Country Climbing Training Plan Beginner with Power Meter
Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This climbing training plan is a 6 week plan with the goal of building your ability to climb long 4-20 minute climbs faster and more effectively. The training plan is for an advanced rider with experience training with a power meter. The plan will start with a Functional Threshold Test(FTP) to establish your training zones for the remainder of the plan. You will be training 4 days a week with one off days every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
This plan will incorporate a mix of climbing specific workouts that will build your climbing power, along with longer base maintenance workouts on the weekends to maintain and build your aerobic fitness, and will also have mountain bike specific training rides to transfer your gained speed to the trail.
Although not required, I recommend you have 6-12 weeks of base miles in prior to starting this plan. The Foundation Mountain Bike training plan I have would be a good fit.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|5:27 hrs||2:30 hrs|
|1:08 hrs||1:50 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:27 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||1:08 hrs||1:50 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?