Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This training program is the best way to start your training for the year.
This 6 week mountain bike training plan is for the intermediate level athlete that knows how to use power. It is the best plan to start the year off with. You will establish baseline measures with a Functional Threshold Test(FTP) at the beginning of the program.
The workouts are 5 days per week with Monday and Friday as your off days. One of the main goals of this plan is to build your foundation, so there will be a long ride every Sunday focusing on building your aerobic capacity. The rides during the week can be performed indoors or outdoors, your choice.
The rides in the training plan will build your aerobic capacity with long weekend rides, muscular endurance with tempo efforts and big gear efforts, and developing the means to push harder in your next training block.
You will end this plan with the ability to ride longer, harder, and most importantly the training plan setup to move forward with a higher intensity training plan after this.
This training plan will set you up to continue to build your fitness higher and higher following it.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.