100 Mile MTB Race - Finishers Plan
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for those that are looking to compete in their first 100 mile mountain bike race. This 12 week plan is designed to help you gain the fitness necessary to complete 100 miles on a mountain bike in a goal time of 10-12 hours. You'll need to have some experience riding off road, and be comfortable riding in moderately technical terrain.
Most weeks will consist of 4 days of riding, 1 strength day, and 1 day for light cross training. All of the long rides are on the weekends, with shorter interval and tempo rides being performed during the week. It's necessary to have access to a heart rate monitor to take full advantage of this training plan.
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:31 hrs||1:45 hrs|
|5:47 hrs||7:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:40 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:31 hrs||1:45 hrs|
||5:47 hrs||7:00 hrs|
||0:40 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?