MTB Stage Race Training Plan (12 Weeks) - 3-5 Days
Taylor ThomasAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for those that have a background in mountain biking and have completed several endurance mountain bike races, or have an extensive background in mountain bike racing. This plan assumes that you're comfortable with rides over 4 hours, and have a good endurance base from which to build. This 12 week plan is designed to push your fitness and allow you to be prepared to ride off road for multiple days at a time.
It combines the workouts necessary to push your top end speed as well as the volume needed to sustain a top end pace over a longer distance. Expect 5 days of riding, 1 strength day, and one off day. Long rides are on the weekends, with shorter interval and tempo rides being performed during the week. It's necessary to have access to a heart rate monitor to take full advantage of this training plan.
For more information please visit Thomas Endurance Coaching
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:55 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|2:35 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:26 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:55 hrs||5:00 hrs|
||2:35 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:26 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?