Endurance Mountain Bike Race (40-50 mile) - 8 Week Training Plan
Melissa Ross and Tricia DavisAll plans by this Coach
Training for your first endurance mountain bike race should be fun and rewarding! This 8 week plan will take you up to your 40-50 mile race. Each week involves workouts to maximize your time during the work week, and longer rides on the weekends to get you prepared for your upcoming event. This plan involves 7-9.5 hours of riding per week. Calculate your zones on week 2 with a field test. You can use heart rate or a power meter for this program.
For personal coaching, personalized plans, weekly feedback, consultation please email us: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.killercoach.com
Good Luck and Happy Training!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:20 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|4:22 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:20 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||4:22 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?