Matty GrahamAll plans by this Coach
Most Enduro riders find that they have great skills and base endurance but struggle to maintain the high race intensity for the timed stages and then struggle to back this up for multiple stages.
With this in mind Sport Scientist and Performance Coach Matty Graham has designed a training plan that focuses on building strength-endurance on top of their already established endurance base. Second to this the 'sharpening' the riders anaerobic threshold through interval training means they are able to rider harder for longer on race day.
‘What I have found working with a number of athletes wanting to start racing enduro's, is that most of them are die hard riders that have great base fitness and skills but lack the ability to hold their top end speed and lack strength endurance to get up the hills. This leaves them fatigued and unable to hold race hard for the entire enduro.’
Using interval training and scientific training principles this training plan aims to take a rider with good base fitness and get them race ready in just 6 weeks.
‘Most riders will find that the addition of some well planned interval sessions will see their on the bike performance rapidly increase getting them ‘race ready’ in a short space of time.’
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.