50 Mile Mountain Bike Training Plan Time Crunched Program 3 Month
Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed to get you to your top fitness for a 50 mile race at the end of the program
This training plan can be used with power and/or heart rate training.
You will need to have 7-11 hours to train per week to do this training plan with a majority of the longer rides happening on the weekends.
This 50 mile training program works on a combination of building great fitness, speed, power, pacing, and proper fueling. Every weekend, you will have a longer ride focusing on proper fueling mixed with great pacing. This plan will have you peaked and ready to race full speed ahead at the end of the program.
The workouts in this training plan will give you precise instructions on what you need to do everyday of the week.
A heart rate monitor is required for this training plan and you will set up your heart rate training zones in the first week of training.
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to review other free training articles, please go to my website www.coachdrewedsall.com for more information
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?