Drew EdsallAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week plan is designed to get you to your top fitness for a 100 mile race at the end of the program. This training plan can be used with power and/or heart rate training.
This is a Time Crunched training plan for the athlete with little time to spend training during the week. Off days are Mon and Friday. Workouts during the week, Tues-Thurs, are 60-90 minutes long and can be done indoors or outdoors. They are short and sweet, but will give you the most bang for your buck. Workouts on the weekend are longer, ranging from 2-5 hours. The rides that are 3-5 hours don't start until the last 3 months of the program..
100 mile mountain bike races require a combination of great fitness, pacing, and proper fueling. Every weekend, you will have a longer ride focusing on proper fueling mixed with great pacing. This plan will have you peaked and ready to race full speed ahead at the end of the program.
The workouts in this plan will give you precise instructions on what you need to do everyday of the week.
A heart rate monitor is required for this training plan and you will set up your heart rate training zones in the first week of training.
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to review other free training articles, please go to my website www.coachdrewedsall.com for more information
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.