Mountain Bike race XC level 1
Nick de Meyer British Triathlon Federation level 3 Coach, Training Bible Master endurance coachAll plans by this Coach
This is a progressive mountain bike training plan aimed at 90-120 mins of cross country racing. It has 2 sessions a week of core strength, progressing through the weeks into more muscular strength workouts.
The bike sessions are designed to get you race ready in 6 weeks.Training 4-5 times a week, being interval and hiit training based they progressively increase the amount of time you're working at race pace over the 6 week plan
There is some high intensity interval training included to increase your anaerobic capacity, aswell as some skills based sessions and endurance training to maintain your base fitness
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:30 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|1:25 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:30 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||1:25 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?