Category 2 Sport Cross Country Mountain Bike Base Training Plan
Lynda WallenfelsAll plans by this Coach
Have you moved from Category 3 Beginner up to Category 2 Sport? Want to be competitive? This Base training plan will boost you up to the Category 2 Sport level.
No training device such as a power meter or heart rate monitor is required to follow this plan. Simply follow the training intensity guidelines along the way based upon your perceived exertion.
The plan includes four rides per week and two sessions of body work per week (yoga, pilates, core training).
Visit the LW Coaching website http://lwcoaching.com/ to ask training plan questions on our forum, read mountain bike specific training articles, learn new workouts and see what events our coaches and athletes have been racing.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:55 hrs||1:45 hrs|
|2:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|1:51 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|0:15 hrs||0:15 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:55 hrs||1:45 hrs|
||2:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||1:51 hrs||2:00 hrs|
||0:15 hrs||0:15 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?