Scott CountrymanAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is for any level cyclist that already has some base fitness and wants to sharpen up for a 2-3 hour race. The athlete should be familiar with and prepared for hard interval training. Over the first 4 weeks you will progress your high end fitness and endurance, then taper down for 2 weeks, and finally compete in your event on the last weekend of the schedule.
Besides a bike you will need a heart rate monitor or power meter, basic strength training equipment or access to a gym, and a foam roller for recovery routines.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?