8 Week Enduro Prep | Strength, Bike & Trail | Heart Rate Version
Matt MillerAll plans by this Coach
This is an 8-week Enduro prep plan with 2 days in the gym and 2 specific bike sessions using a polarized approach, separated into two blocks. The gym sessions are highly dynamic, and this would suit a rider with some experience strength training. [If you lack experience strength training, repeat the first session for the first 4 weeks]. This plan has specific race prep sessions, such as our popular coasting v pedaling race session. On-the-bike workouts are varied, and aim to stress the energy systems you need to improve aerobically and anaerobically.
When you finish this plan you will have a strong base of fitness to be ready for the trails. You can lead right in to a race block or continue building.
Needed for this plan: standard gym membership, heart rate monitor/recording device, free (or greater) TP membership.
This specific plan is heart rate-based, but we have a power version available.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?