This plan is designed with the intermediate mountain biker but beginner stage racer in mind.
The Pisgah Stage Race is a great place to dip your toes into Stage Racing in general with relatively short stages and progressively more challenging terrain and features throughout the week.
You have only a few hours a week to train and you're in a bit of a crunch before the race? This plan is designed to get you through the race and putting you in place to "enjoy" each stage. The more prep you can put in before hand, the better you will feel throughout the race.
While designed around the use of a power meter, you can use heart rate or just perceived exertion to dial in these workouts and rides. After checking in with you after the first test, I will be available for future questions but will not adjust the schedule or make any changes.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.