Endurance Mountain Bike Race (60 miles) - 8 Week Training Plan
Melissa RossAll plans by this Coach
This 8-week plan will prepare you for a 60 mile mountain bike race with challenging terrain. The plan starts out with a field test so you can determine your heart rate or power training zones. If you have a busy work schedule, the intervals can be done on your road or mountain bike. On the weekends, hit the trails for a gradual build each weekend.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:41 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|1:33 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:41 hrs||5:00 hrs|
||1:33 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?