The 12-week programme used by our very own athletes to prepare for the 24-hour Strathpuffer.
Working from heart rate, this programme has the main goal of improving endurance on your mountain bike, while also looking at improving specific factors involved in endurance mountain bike racing, like sprinting performance and increasing FTP.
Although not essential, a gym routine focused on strength and stability would be beneficial for cross country racers and also riders looking to increase endurance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.