Mike DurnerAll plans by this Coach
This is a 6 month training plan for a 100 mile MTB race. This plan can easily be adapted to get you fit for short races (50 - 100 miles) or even shorter stage races (like Moab Rocks) and 12 - 24 hr relay races.
The plan is build for intermediate to advanced rides who are looking to increase their volume and threshold power for one or two big events.
This plan is best suited for use with power but could also be utilized with HR or perceived exertion. If you only have one bike with a power meter, that will definitely work. Make sure to pay attention to how your effort feels while riding with power and then transfer that feeling to workouts when you don't have power.
Lastly, throughout the plan, make sure to rehearse the hydration and nutrition you plan to use for your event at different intensities and lengths of rides.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?