Advanced MTB Marathon Distance Plan (V3.3) - 13 weeks
MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
A training plan for an Advanced Mountain Biker wanting a training plan to prepare them for a Marathon distance (70-90km) mountain bike race.
The training starts at 10 hours and 17 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 15 hours and 50 minutes per week.
The plan is based on %FTP (Functional Threshold Power) so you will require a power meter.
This is a POWER based program so it is compatible with Zwift or similar applications.
This is a new version of this training plan.
Together with this plan, you will get sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
Week 1 - Test week
Weeks 2 to 8 - Building Muscular endurance
Weeks 9 to 11 - Peak volume and intensity
Week 12 - Taper Week
Week 13 - Race Week
For the bike test:
You will need to have access to an Indoor trainer or WattBike for the FTP test and retest.
##Must have a power meter.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?