8-Week Mid-Season Build (MTB) (Zwift, TrainerRoad, Wahoo, 3rd Part Compatible)
Kyle McFarlandAll plans by this Coach
This is an 8-week "build" block of structured training ideal for pre or mid-season sharpening. This is ideal for road cyclists, triathletes looking to up their bike fitness, XC MTB riders, and gravel racers looking to add some power to their skill sets.
This plan assumes you already have some form of fitness on the bike. This is a BUILD block so sessions will range from easy recovery rides to high intensity sprint drills.
Kyle has the following coaching certifications: USA Cycling level 2, USA Triathlon level 1, IRONMAN Certified Coach, TrainingPeaks Level 1 Coach, and American College of Sport Medicine Certified Personal Trainer.
*Comprised of 4 structured bike sessions per week, and an additional "optional" aerobic ride.
*All bike session are structured to allow export to 3rd party apps such as Zwift, Rouvy, TrainerRoad, Wahoo, Garmin, etc.
*Bike sessions range from 1 hour to 4 hour endurance rides
Smart trainer or power meter is encouraged, heart rate monitor not required.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?