MTBCoachAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week Build plan for the Cat 2 / Intermediate level MTB Cross Country distance athletes. The Build plan includes higher intensity workouts focused on MTB Cross Country distance. Visit the MTBCoach MTB Cross Country Training Plans page for more details.
Start this plan 12 weeks before your goal race.
The plan focuses on improving vo2max, endurance, and power for XC racing. A core workout three times a week improves balance, handling, endurance and stability. The plans includes device compatible structured cycling workouts. See TrainingPeaks Structured Workout compatibility list for more details.
Workouts are written to use a power meter, a HR monitor or rate of perceived exertion, but using a power meter AND a HR monitor is best for accurate monitoring of progress. The plan includes structured workouts compatible with your smart trainer and device to guide you through workouts in real time.
Visit the MTBCoach Gravel Race Training Plans page for more details.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?