Nick HarrisAll plans by this Coach
This mountain bike build phase training plan is prepared to provide you with improved strength of your major muscle groups used in triathlon, it will involve more force and muscular endurance sessions, and is a time for eliminating muscle imbalances.
This will follow a 4 week cycle of easy, medium, hard and recovery weeks based on hourly volume, with a progresssive reliance on carbohydrate as a fuel, moving into zone 3 tempo workouts during the course of the plan. In weeks 4 and 8 there is a Functional Threshold Power test to determine your training zones and show improvement throughout the course of the training plan.
This mountain bike plan is designed by Nick de Meyer, Head coach for Stealth Endurance Coaching, (BTF level 3, Master endurance coach Training Bible UK) who specialise in teaching Xterra triathletes, cyclists and mountian bikers. This plan encapsulates all of Nicks training, racing and coaching experience of many mountain bike events, the Polaris Mtb Orienteering event, Road cycle racing, training for the Raid Pyrenean and coaching cyclists over the last 15 years
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.