1 month Advanced Strength/Power block for XC Racing (minimal equipment)
Ryan GeigerAll plans by this Coach
A 1 month Strength/Power program built for advanced riders getting ready for an XC Mountain Bike Race. This plan includes bike, strength, and mobility work tailored around the demands of XC Racing. This plan is perfect to integrate into you "Base" or "Build" phases. Every Geiger Coaching Plan starts with protocol to establish your Functional Threshold Heart Rate so you know exactly how hard you should be training. Take your fitness and skill to the next level with this easy to follow and effective plan. Created by a coach that has experience racing at the World Cup XC level.
All you will need for this plan is a mountain bike and a heart rate monitor! All of your strength work can be done with a bicycle inner tube and a set of moderate weight dumbbells. This doesn't mean you won't be working hard...Get ready to challenge yourself and find new levels of speed and fun!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:48 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|1:42 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:48 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||1:42 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?