Nick Harris British Triathlon Federation level 3 Coach, Training Bible Master endurance coachAll plans by this Coach
This Mtb race xc plan is a progression from the Mtb race level 1 plan. It is designed to take you up to the next level of fitness, and does this with more race specific and higher intensity sessions, including a weekly series of full gas intervals.
In this plan you'll be doing 5 mtb race specific sessions a week with 2-3 core sessions a week. How many of the core sessions you do is optional.
This is a progressive mountain bike training plan aimed at 90-120 mins of cross country racing. It has 2 sessions a week of core strength, progressing through the weeks into more muscular strength workouts.
The bike sessions are designed to get you race ready in 6 weeks.Training 4-5 times a week, being interval and hiit training based they progressively increase the amount of time you're working at race pace over the 6 week plan
There is some high intensity interval training included to increase your anaerobic capacity, as well as some skills based sessions and endurance training to maintain your base fitness
If you have any questions about the plan please email Nick at Sound Coaching at email@example.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.