Nick De MeyerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is power meter based and gives you a gradual progression in volume and intensity, following a polarised approach to periodisation.
There are fitness testing sessions and progressively longer rides each week, with every 4th week being recovery week dropping volume to help you recover
If you have any questions about the plan or would like an assessment of your fitness, a consultation on how you're doing etc then please email Nick from Sound Coaching on
Nick has cycled across the Pyrenees on the Raid Pyrenean which is 450 miles in 5 day with 4 days climbing up to 2000m in altitude, and up to 3800m per day in vertical ascent per day, including the Tourmalet (20km at an average of 10% gradient) and the Peyresourdes climbs.
Nick has grown up cycling in and around the surrey hills, with his local cycling club, friends and the Tour of the Surrey Hills plus other sportives in the Surrey Hills
He has been coaching cyclists and triathletes since 2003, and is a Master Endurance coach with Training Bible coaching UK
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?