8 weeks Gravel Grinder
Dion GuyAll plans by this Coach
The 8 week Gravel Grinder plan will build your VO2 max and Neuromuscular strength which is so critical for Gravel Grind events. We are going to be stressing your high end aerobic system. You can also use this plan at the start of your season before you start introducing any high intensity sessions, or during the season when you feel you need a boost to the aerobic system.
Preceding Plan: This should be preceded by a base block/plan
Next Plan: This plan should be followed by an FTP/Anaerobic Threshold Plan
- VO2max improvement
- Aerobic threshold improvement
- Fat utilization improvement
Communication via whatsapp/sms is welcome through this plan
A power meter (smart trainer) and/or heart rate monitor necessary for compliance
On average we have seen an improvement of up to 15% on VO2max through the completion of the 8 week VO2max improvement plan
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:41 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:41 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?