Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan is recommended for Masters age racers. Ideally you would have both a road and mountain bike. A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks are 9hrs hours of training, with recovery weeks around 6 hours.
One of the benefits of this plan is the ability to adapt it to your needs. You have the option to do the Endurance Rides on either your road or mountain bike. Throughout the plan there are scheduled mountain bike specific rides and workouts.
This plan will take a Masters cross-country racer from the start of their build period through their first A priority race. In order to successfully complete this plan, you must have already completed base training.
Most weekday workouts are 1-1.5hrs, but there are a few 2hr week day rides.
During this plan the emphasis will be increasing threshold power and speed. The workouts in the build period are designed to improve your starts, increase your power, and improve your handling skills at race pace. The plan concludes with a two week taper before your A priority event.
Throughout the plan you will perform field tests to gauge fitness and there are opportunities to incorporate level B and C races.
As always, custom plans can be created specifically for your needs, contact Pete at www.holdfastcoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.