36One MTB Race Training Plan (with workout builder)
Dion GuyAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
This plan is an advanced plan specifically focusing on the 36One MTB Race. It is ideally suited to someone who has done an ultra race before and is looking at excelling at 36One. Training time per week is between 12 to 15 hours.
Prior to this plan you should have a good level of fitness and have been training consistently for 10+ weeks for a minimum of 8 to 10 hours/week. The plan recommends a ramp test prior to starting the training plan.
This plan has been successfully over the last year to place a number of athletes on the podium in ultra endurance (200 km to 2000 km) events both locally and internationally.
The benefits of completing this plan will be:
• Improvement in FTP/Anaerobic Threshold
• Improvement in Aerobic Threshold
• Decrease in vlamax
• Increase in VO2max through increased training volume
• Increased fat utilisation/oxidation
• This training plan starts on a Monday
• The plan is reusable an unlimited amount of times
• This plan works with power only (no heart rate zones)
• Designed with the new Workout Builder - offering you more precise training with power ranges calculated automatically from your threshold power (FTP) saved in TrainingPeaks settings
• Download each session automatically to your Garmin or Wahoo device
• Download each session in many different files formats compatible with Zwift, Wahoo, TrainerRoad, Rouvy and more
Purchasing this plan includes:
• Email support and access to our training community up to the event (tips on nutrition, race day preparation, emerging training science etc)
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|11:48 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||11:48 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor